This easy recipe puts a twist on the classic profiterole desert and is a perfect Sunday roast afters.
70g plain flour
half tsp salt
100 ml milk
150g dark chocolate
200g Cornish clotted cream
Preheat the oven to 230°C / 210°C fan / gas mark 8
- In a 12 hole bun tin, pour a little oil into each hole. Place tray in the preheating oven.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and salt. Crack the eggs into the bowl and beat the eggs into the flour until completely mixed.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking all the time until a smooth batter is formed.
- Remove the bun tn from the oven and pour out the batter, evenly filling each of the 12 holes. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the puddings have risen and turning brown.
- Break the chocolate into a microwavable bowl and heat for 1 minute or until the chocolate has almost melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate, if it starts to smoke, it’s starting to burn!
- Remove the Yorkshires from the oven and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of clotted cream to each pudding and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve right away.