Tomahawk Steak is one of the most impressive steaks around. It’s a Ribeye on the bone, weighing around 32 ounces and resembles something from the Flinstones.
This steak was given to me by Morgan Meats Butchers in Redruth, as a sample. Sourced from Cornwall, UK it was delicious and extremely tender.
1 Tomahawk Steak about 1kg in weight
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Cornish rock salt
- Leave the steak out of the fridge for half an hour to warm to room temperature. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan, or skillet. Sear the steak on each side for a couple of minutes until nice and brown. Sear the sides of the steak, using the inside neck of the pan if needed.
- Add the garlic and place in the oven for approximately 6 minutes rare, 10-12 minutes medium or 22 minutes for well done.
- Remove from the oven and wrap the steak in foil and leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the foil and slice. You can see how to slice in this video. https://www.facebook.com/Hotandleeky/videos/316526282500582/
Serve with chips, mushrooms and peas.
Thanks to Morgan Meats Redruth and also to Judge Kitchenware for the ovenproof pan.