Spag Bol is the favourite dish in our house, even my son loves it.
Everyone has their own special recipe and for a person starting out in the world of cooking, Spaghetti Bolognese should be a main weapon in your culinary arsenal.
400g minced beef, lean 5-10% fat
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
half tsp pepper
1 beef stock cube
half tsp sugar
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
100 ml water
spaghetti pasta to serve
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add the garlic and onion and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft, ensuring they don’t burn.
- Add the mince beef and cook on full heat until browned.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, sugar, stock cube and Italian seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the water, tomato puree and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil, add a pinch of salt and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and serve with grated parmesan.